If you’re excited about Apple TV Plus and want to try it before you commit, you can take advantage of Apple’s free trial offer. There are two ways to get a free trial of Apple TV Plus, but each way has its own pros and cons. The bottom line?
What is Apple TV Plus
After the keynote event on March 25th, 2019, there are a number of rumors floating around. One of these is that Apple has created a new app called TV+ where users can purchase, watch, or rent content. The set-top box appears to function similarly as the Prime Video service in that it offers access to movies and television shows.
These are likely stored on servers and streamed over the internet in lieu of a hard drive. Apple has not confirmed anything just yet so we will have to wait for more news about this device/service come out! It’s unclear if a trial period will be offered with purchases but other services such as Amazon Prime Video offer 30 days without charging customers which would make sense for Apple TV+. Hopefully this information helps answer your question and let you know when updates should become available.
Free trials are offered by many providers
Many providers, including Apple, offer a free trial period to try out their service. To request an Apple TV Plus free trial:
– Make sure you have an Apple device running iOS 12 or later.
– Download the iOS 12 update if you haven’t already
– Head over to the App Store > search for TV > download TV from the list of apps that comes up > Launch it. The app will show up on your home screen. Tap the green plus sign in the bottom left corner.
– Scroll down and select Free Trial. Follow through with the prompts and verify your information before submitting . Once you enter your email address, make sure to click send me my free trial. You’ll receive an email shortly after requesting your free trial with instructions on how to activate it. If you don’t see the email right away, check your spam folder as well as any other mail folders you may use. Once activated, you can start watching shows like Carpool Karaoke by subscribing to a plan.
– Accessing the website instead of downloading the app is another way to request a free trial and activate it on your account.
– One last note: when signing up for Apple TV Plus, please double-check that your correct date of birth is entered! It’s happened many times before where someone has inadvertently put in the wrong date and had to scramble to rectify it afterwards. And never forget about keeping tabs on all those logins–it’s easy to mess something up, especially if there are more than two people involved with using an account.
Once activated, you can start watching shows like Carpool Karaoke by subscribing to a plan.
How do I apply for an Apple TV plus membership?
To apply for an Apple TV plus membership, you will need the Apple TV app installed on your phone. Just sign in with your existing account information or create a new account. Once you have logged in, find the Try Now button under the What is Apple TV Plus? heading. This will redirect you to a popup window where you can enroll for a trial by tapping Start Trial. The next step is to enter your payment information and billing address so that you are charged at the end of the month when your membership is set to expire.
Tap Subscribe Now once all information has been inputted. You’ll be redirected to another screen that says Thank You and provides instructions on downloading the app. After completing this process, open up your App Store app and download the latest version of the Apple TV app (available in both iOS and Android). The easiest way to do this is by clicking on Updates tab on your App Store home screen.
Select Update All Apps if there are any updates waiting for you or select just Update Apple TV then press Install. Finally, open up the newly updated Apple TV app from within iOS or Android depending on which device you’re using, tap Get Started again then tap Start Free Trial at the bottom of your screen.
Can I try before I buy with the apple tv plus free trial?
The short answer is yes. Apple offers a 14-day free trial on all of their plans, which can be cancelled at any time with no charge or commitment. All you need is an iPhone, iPad, or the tvOS on your fourth-generation Apple TV to get started. To sign up for a paid plan, go to Settings in tvOS, select your country (U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland), choose Apple TV Plus, then click Start Trial. Apple will ask for your payment information; once confirmed it’ll say that you’ve successfully subscribed and that the plan starts from the next day onwards.
You can change your subscription anytime by going back to this screen and cancelling. If you’re trying out the service, I recommend starting with the cheapest plan – $4.99/month for 40 hours of content – so that you have plenty of time to decide if you want more content before committing to anything more expensive. You may cancel your membership at any time during this two week period without penalty or obligation.
How much does an apple tv plus subscription cost?
Unlike most streaming services, Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month for individual plans or $14.99 per month for the family plan with up to six people. There are also no additional fees for accessing the service on an iPhone, iPad, Mac computer, or Apple TV device. The service is currently only available in a handful of countries: United States (and Puerto Rico), Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Australia (more on this later).
As soon as you start your free three-month trial period from sign-up date you can watch anything you want. In order to keep the service after that time period ends you will need to subscribe and there’s no other way around it! Luckily though if you cancel within those three months you’ll still be able to watch all the movies and tv shows you’ve purchased during that time frame without being charged any extra.