Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, which means it’s time to find the perfect gift and dinner reservation! But even if you haven’t had time to start shopping, there’s still something you can do to celebrate the day of love—reading these great Valentine’s Day quotes.
From famous sayings by your favourite authors and poets to sweet one-liners from romantic movies, this list of Valentine’s Day quotes will help you capture the spirit of love no matter how far away your significant other might be.
Valentine’s Day Love Poems
Poetry can be a romantic way to express your feelings for someone. And as Valentine’s Day approaches, that’s just what many people are looking for: words that will touch their hearts. Here are some short love poems that you can copy and paste into an email or text message so you can easily express your feelings to those who mean the most to you.
Keep in mind that any one of these Valentine’s Day quotes may work best when paired with something more personal — like a meaningful story, joke or other gesture. There’s no need to stress over finding just the right line; there is something here for everyone. Keep reading to find out more!
Romantic Valentine Message
If you were my rose, then I’d be your sun,
painting you rainbows when the rains come.
I’d change my orbit to banish the night,
as to keep you in my nurturing light.
Loving You Forever
As long as the birds are singing,
As long as the fish can swim,
As long as the sun keeps shining,
I will love you in the bright or dim.
You Have Stolen My Heart
I want to give a special Valentine to you,
And I think I’m crushing, if you only knew.
Each day I feel like I’m floating on an endless cloud,
Poem About New Love And Our First Valentine’s Day
I hope you feel Valentine’s Day
is your favorite day this year,
because the first thing I’m gonna do
is hold you tight and shed a grateful tear.
Our First Valentine’s Day
As we watch the sun go down,
I want to let you know,
my love for you is forever;
I’ll never let you go.
Humorous Valentine’s Day Cards
Express your affection with Valentine’s Day cards that make you and your significant another laugh. Whether it’s a card to announce a pregnancy, funny cards to celebrate single life or retro-style cards that pay homage to an old-fashioned love story, these humorous Valentine’s Day cards are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.
We have funny Valentine’s day cards for everyone, from friends and family members who are single and looking for love, to those happily married couples who need something fun to say we still like each other! Browse our hilarious collection below or shop by category for more funny Valentine’s day card ideas.
Cute Valentine’s Day Sayings
Always be yourself, but always make sure you be your better self. – Unknown The key to successful relationships is not putting all your eggs in one basket… unless it’s a chocolate cake. – Unknown Love is blind and marriage is an eye-opener. – Samuel Butler There are only two times that I want to be with you, now and forever. – Unknown To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others. – Anne-Sophie Swetchine Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
“You rev me up” or I ‘wheelie’ like you! – This saying with a small car would make for a fun valentine!
“I am hog wild for you” -Anything with a pig (bookmark, sticker, trinket) would be cute with this saying!
“You ‘moo-ve’ me!” – Anything with a cow (bookmark, sticker, trinket) would be cute with this saying!
“I would ‘quack’ up without you” – A small rubber ducky would be fun with this saying attached to its neck!
“I’m your number one fan” or “I am your biggest fan, or “you blow me away!” – A paper fan or A battery-operated personal fan
“You blow me away” – Blow Pop sucker
“You are the apple of my eye” – Apples
“You really measure up” or “You rule!” – Ruler or measuring tape
“I’d SNAP at the chance to be your Valentine” – plastic toy alligator, bang snaps or how about an
Funny Valentine’s Day Jokes
Valentine’s Day is a sweet holiday for many couples and an excuse to enjoy some good wine with your main squeeze. For others, it’s a cringe-worthy celebration at best. If you fall into that camp, take comfort in knowing that you aren’t alone.
When it comes to Valentine’s Day jokes, sometimes there are just no words. And on February 14th, when those cute little pink and red hearts start creeping up on every store shelf and street corner, we can all use a laugh. From naughty puns to full-on slapstick style routines, these Valentine’s Day jokes will have you (and those around you) wiping away tears from laughter all day long.
- Who alwayshas a date on Valentine’s Day? A calendar.
- What Valentine’s message can you find in a honeycomb? “Bee mine.”
- Which new Taylor Swifttune is the best couple’s song for two ghosts to share? “Invisible String.”
- How did the coin propose to his girlfriend? He gave her a jingle.
- What did one Hershey’s bar say to the other who arrived long past their date time? “You’re choco-late.”
- Why are artichokes so beloved? They’re known for their hearts.
- What did the love-obsessed candle say when it was lit? “I found the perfect match!”
- What do you call a colorful heart that loves books? “Well-red.”
- How did the orca ask the other to be their Valentine? “Whale you be mine?”
- Why did the magnet hit on the refrigerator? He found her to be very attractive.
- What’s the best recipe for a perfect morning on February 14? A hug and a quiche.
- What did one piece of toast say to the other? “You’re my butter half!”
- Why didn’t the two dogs make serious Valentine’s Day plans? It was just puppy love.
- Why did the dad approve of his daughter’s goalie-boyfriend? He was a real keeper.
- When do bed bugs fall in love? In the spring.
- How did one Bloody Mary share their strong feelings with another? “Olive you.”
- What do you call two sparrows who just got engaged? “Lovebirds.”
- Why were the forks disappointed on Valentine’s Day? All they wanted to do was spoon.
- What is it called when your aunt went off to get married on V-Day? Antelope.
- What’s the most romantic ship? Courtship.
Popular Quotes on Valentine’s Day
Among them, we also find fun, dark and even sarcastic quotes that describe how love is like a roller coaster. If you’re not in a relationship and wish to show how much you appreciate your family and friends, our funny Valentine’s day quotes are just what you need!
Your special someone is waiting for you with flowers and chocolates; what else do you need? Click on one of these adorable pictures to enjoy an interesting love quote for Valentine’s Day: A happy couple that shares laughter has double happiness. – Vincent Van Gogh First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity. – George Bernard Shaw Do all things with affection – St. Francis de Sales
- “Where there is great love, there are always wishes.” —Willa Cather
- “Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt the truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.” —William Shakespeare
- “If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” —Maya Angelou
- “This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.” —Aberjhani
- “Most people are slow to champion love because they fear the transformation it brings into their lives. And make no mistake about it: love does take over and transform the schemes and operations of our egos in a very mighty way.” —Aberjhani
- “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” —Audre Lorde
- “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.” —Nicholas Sparks
- “Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.” —Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- “I won’t give up on us, even if the skies get rough.” —Jason Mraz
- “We love because he first loved us.” —1 John 4:19
- A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” —Ingrid Bergman
- “Love is being stupid together.” —Paul Valery
- “Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” —Robert Heinlein
- “Anyone can be passionate but it takes real lovers to be silly.” —Rose Franken
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves- alone we find it with another.” —Thomas Merton