One of the biggest challenges for people diagnosed with cancer is finding a second opinion before starting treatment. If you are one of them, then you should consider using cancer centers. Most cancer centers use state-of-the-art medical equipment to diagnose cancer. Plus, they have the best team of oncologists that know how to use those machines.
Use the tips below to choose the best cancer center nearby:
1. Ask your family doctor to refer you to your nearest cancer treatment center
Most doctors are not cancer specialists, so they won’t have a problem referring you to a place where you will get all the help you deserve.
2. Use Google to search for the nearest center
One of the easiest ways to go about doing this is by using a simple search term like “Cancer center Orange county” on Google, and a nearby center will pop up on Google listings.
3. Confirm if the center is accredited with the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
After all, the best center should be recognized for its expertise in treating all forms of cancer.
4. Confirm if the center has more than one oncologist
The best cancer center should have different doctors with different backgrounds. Don’t hesitate to ask doctors and oncologists about their credentials and experience too.
5. Find out how many cancers have been treated previously by the center
Last but not least, find out what kind of cancer has been treated, and how many patients have been treated successfully before.