SEO Audits are lengthy, time-consuming, and technical. Only professionals who perform SEO audits can relate to this. People keep searching for ways to perform SEO Audits in less time. So, here we are with the solution. Today we are going to tell you how to do an SEO Audit in less time.
To perform the audit in less time, you need to follow a strategy.
- First, check major and easy-to-notice issues.
- Second, check on-site issues that can be fixed easily.
- Third, check organic search traffic.
- Fourth, check for backlinks as it plays a major role.
- Fifth, check for the content gap.
If you follow these steps, you can do an SEO audit in less time. Now, let’s begin to look at these steps in detail and see how to turn these steps into action.
Step 1: Check major and easy-to-notice issues
- Make sure that your website has only one version that can be browsed. Only one version (HTTPS version or HTTP version) should be accessible.
- Run website crawl in the background before manually starting the SEO audit. This will provide us with information about the site structure and SEO setup of the site. You can use various SEO analyzer tools or can hire SEO company India for performing the complete SEO audit.
- The next step in the process is to check if your website is indexed in google. If not, you need to fix the indexation issues as you will never be able to rank on Google if your site is not indexed.
- Check if you rank for your company or brand name. Fix this issue by building your brand. This implies you need to build strong links by being present on all major social networks.
Step 2: Check on-site issues that can be fixed easily
- Perform basic on-page SEO checks by yourself. In this, you need to check if your site has a clickable title tag, custom meta description, one H1 tag, correct subheads, etc. The title tag, meta description, H1 tag, subheads, etc. Should be well optimized for the right keywords.
- Fix on-page issues found in crawl report. First, fix errors and then move to warnings and notices. Then, check for content quality, outgoing links, and social tags so that all your on-page issues can be fixed before moving to further steps.
- Check for duplicate or plagiarized content. Plagiarism can decrease your site ranking. So your site should not have duplicate content published on any page as it can even lead to a site crash.
- Check the loading speed of your site. Your site speed plays a major role in the ranking.
- Check if the structured data of your site is properly formed. This is also a major step in SEO audit. In case there are any errors, fix them properly.
Step 3: Check organic search traffic
- Analyze the current performance of your site to improve the site ranking. Look at the past trends to figure out the best working landing pages or elements of the site.
- Check your ranking progress using tools such as Ahrefs. This will tell you how your site ranking has been improving. This analysis is crucial as it will help you keep track of your site’s ranking progress based on which further improvement plans can be made.
- Find out the pages of your site that are ranking in the top 10 search results for high-volume keywords. Optimize those pages a little more to be on the top of search engines for that particular keyword.
Step 4: Check for backlinks as it plays a major role
- Use tools such as Ahrefs, Ubersuggest’s, etc. For site link audit. This will help you to analyze the backlink profile of your site and will bring standout issues if any.
- Check if your site has any broken links on any page. Fix all the broken links asap.
Step 5: Check for the content gap
- Check for content gaps in your site. Find out your competitors and check the keywords for which they are ranking. There are tools that you can use for finding content gaps.
- At last, you need to perform a full content audit. Either remove or update all the low-quality content as it can hamper your ranking.
Once you are done with all these steps, your SEO Audit is complete. Now you have discovered various changes that can help you improve your site ranking. Keep auditing your site frequently by following the above-mentioned steps for better future performance.