People who eat only vegetables are called vegetarians, who do not eat meat but use eggs, ghee, and milk.
A recent study found that vegetarianism is really good for health. Vegetarians have a lower risk of heart disease and cancer, but the overall risk of death does not change much.
In other words, vegetarianism does not prolong life. However, vegetarians spend a healthy life. Too much of anything in the diet can be detrimental to health. Pulses and vegetables, like meat, contain nutrients that are essential for human health and well-being.
Meat is one of the best sources of iron for the body. According to dieticians, eggs, green vegetables and pulses also contain iron, but the iron in all of these things is not well absorbed by the body, but iron from meat is well absorbed by the body.
The National Health Service (NHS) guidelines set out in the UK are:
- Eat at least five portions of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Foods should be high in fiber and starchy foods, such as potatoes, bread, rice, or pasta.
- Don’t forget protein, get it from dried fruits like meat, fish, seafood, lentils, almonds, or walnuts.
- Use milk or alternative foods.
- Avoid high-fat foods and sugar or salt.
I hope this article will help you to get the all required information for your better health. You can also check our site for more informative content.