Apple surprised the world today with the release of iOS 15.4, which launched with zero fanfare and little to no warning ahead of time, as we’ve come to expect from Apple over the past few years with their major software releases. This iOS update doesn’t come loaded with any groundbreaking new features, but it does come packed with several smaller, quality-of-life improvements that will make the iPhone experience better than ever before. Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming iOS 15.4 release, including the release date, news, features and compatible iPhones!
10 things to do before installing iOS 15.4
It is important that you back up your phone before installing a new OS in order to make sure that your data is protected from any unforeseen errors in the update process. *Remember*: *If* there are any issues with the upgrade, you can roll back to your previous operating system through iTunes so long as it was installed on your computer previously and hasn’t been corrupted.
if not, contact Apple Support for assistance with updating your device or rolling back. Make sure you have plenty of battery life available before starting the installation process. Be aware that if you have an older model phone, this might take some time. While newer models may only take 30 minutes or less, older phones may take upwards of two hours! Be prepared by turning off your notifications so they don’t distract you during the process.
You’ll also want to disable any apps that sync automatically and restart your phone when prompted. Remember: When the installation is complete, restart your iPhone again to ensure the new OS runs smoothly on your device. You’re now ready to explore all of the latest features coming with iOS 15.4 – enjoy!
10 top facts you should know about the new iOS update
1) Have a lot of devices? Rest easy because your iOS update will work on more than just one! Make sure your device has at least 20GB of free space.
2) Want to use up less battery life while playing a game? Playing games with this update will only use as much power as what’s needed, meaning they’ll use less energy when running on your device, so you can go that extra mile with your game play!
3) Organizing your iTunes library is now even easier thanks to improved sorting features and more playlists available right within Albums. Make all those memories last by backing up these new albums with iTunes Match for access anywhere – no matter if it’s synced or not! It doesn’t stop there: You can now also enjoy interactive notifications (e.g., polls), screen time control options, data management tools, document scanning and photo editing improvements in addition to previously announced camera app enhancements like selfie filters, time lapse mode and zoom controls
When do I get it? iOS 15.4 officially drops on March 29th so be sure to update your phone beforehand so you don’t miss out! What other features would you love to see Apple add to their next iOS update? Let us know in the comments below.
How to update your iPhone or iPad
iOS 15.4 will be available for the following devices: iPhone 5s or later, iPad Air or later, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad mini 2 or later (or 2017), 6th generation iPod touch or any device that supports IOS 11 or later. If your device is compatible with iOS 11 you can simply update from within IOS settings without having to install a whole new operating system on your phone/device.
Simply tap Software Update which is found under General on newer phones. Alternatively on older models head to Settings then General then Software Update where it should show the latest updates available for download if it’s not already installed! iOS 15.4 will be available on Wednesday June 12th 2019, at 10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm BST – so keep an eye out for it when you get into work tomorrow morning! As usual there are no major changes coming in this newest version of iOS but there are a few key fixes worth mentioning.
You can now charge the battery of one device using another device with USB-C power delivery – handy for anyone who doesn’t have access to mains power and has forgotten their charger! It also includes improvements to Siri, ARKit 3DObject Detection APIs and much more. We hope you’ve enjoyed reading our blog post about what we know so far about the upcoming release of iOS 15.4!
Tips for taking a screenshot on iPhone
Taking a screenshot on your iPhone is easier than ever with all of the ways there are now. One of our favorites ways is using a third-party app called ScreenshotX, which we’ll be recommending in this post. With ScreenshotX, all you have to do is take a screenshot by tapping on any area of your screen for half a second and it’ll take it right away! You can also access some pretty cool shortcuts like shake your phone to take a selfie! Try it today! Download ScreenshotX from the App Store for free.
Transferring contacts from Android
The simplest way to get your device up and running again is by restarting it in safe mode. This disables third-party apps that might be malfunctioning or causing the problem, giving you a clean slate to troubleshoot with. To do this, simply hold down the power button on your device until a slide to power off screen appears; once it does, swipe across it while holding the button down until it shuts off completely.
Now, turn it back on without touching any buttons at all (just press the power button). If you can’t turn your phone back on because of a passcode, enter it using the Emergency Call slider instead of turning it off. You should now see a screen prompting you to disable Siri from Siri & Search. Slide across Yes and then wait for Apple’s reboot process to finish.
Things not working after updating? Try these fixes!
If your iPhone seems frozen or has slowed down dramatically after installing the new update, here are some tips for fixing that:
1) Restart your device by holding down on the Home button until you see Slide to power off. Then swipe right across the screen so it turns off. Wait 10 seconds and then turn it back on again. You can also hold down the power button if you don’t want to wait. It might take a few minutes before things get back to normal but at least it will work. It’s worth noting that restoring from a backup won’t help, either. So what else can you do? Well, Apple recommends resetting all settings by going to Settings > General > Reset and tapping Reset All Settings. Hopefully this solves the problem!
2) Don’t forget to download updates!: Don’t forget to download any updates available in iTunes too – this may be the cause of slowness or freezing because iOS doesn’t have enough space left over on your phone. To make more room, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage and tap Manage Storage.
Delete unused apps or movies you haven’t watched yet (those HD movies take up a lot of storage!) to free up space. Turning off cellular data usage is another way to save space as well as turning off automatic downloads and mail fetching when not connected to Wi-Fi. And finally, try deleting photos and videos you’ve already backed up elsewhere using Photo Library Access.
Tips for troubleshooting your device
Here are some steps to take if your iPhone has suddenly stopped responding: – Reset your device: Press the Sleep/Wake button on top of your device for at least 10 seconds, until you see slide to power off on the screen. Next, hold down both the Sleep/Wake button and Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until you see an Apple logo. – Restore your device: Navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings (or Restore Backup). – Update Your Device: Connect your device to Wi-Fi or iTunes, then select Update Software. You can also update by connecting your device to a computer running iTunes.